A non-dairy based alternative, this simple almond date milk recipe holds very well and pairs with coffee perfectly! I’ve experimented time and time again to see which specific non-dairy combination can blend and marry coffee together without compromising taste or texture.
So here we are! I give you EmmMeetsCoffee’s tailored to pair with coffee, almond date milk. It’s very simple and absolutely delicious! In fact, prior to publishing this post to you, I’ve had the opportunity to sample this to some of my favorite friends at Facebook HQ! Coffee approved and taste approved, it is!
What you will need (Makes about one 32oz Milk Jug):
• 1000 mL/grams of water
• 206 grams of raw almonds
• 50 grams pitted dates
• Kitchen Scale (Personally use Acaia Pearl)
• Nut Milk Bag (Preferred choice, because of the extras, price, and durability) Afterall, one is none, and two is one :)
• Empty bowl or vessel
• Blender (Personally use Vitamix)
1. Measure out and pour all ingredients into blender.
2. Pre-pulse ingredients 5-7 times.
3. Liquefy ingredients on high speed for about 1 minute.
4. Pour ingredients into nut milk bag, with the bag lying in the empty vessel to catch strained milk.
5. Squeeze the bag and strain milk into the vessel.
6. Refrigerate immediately.
When incorporating the almond date milk with coffee, it adds a pleasant sweetness without giving off the taste of anything artificial as there are only dates used in the mix as a sweetener.
As far as steaming this almond date milk, we’ve done quite a bit of testing and pouring into espresso. I’ll let my coworker and sister at Saint Frank Coffee AKA: Latté Art Queen, Brittany Huff (IG: @Brittany.Huff) show you how it’s done when it comes to incorporating the milk with espresso!
During the steaming process, the aeration stage foamed the milk perfectly. Because of the almonds to water ratio used, the incorporation stage following aeration also went very well!
Ultimately, the test comes down to how the art shows up in the espresso and how the cappuccino tastes, as those factors are king.
So let's see how this sticks!
After the final cappuccino was made, the taste of the incorporated almond date milk and espresso was simply amazing! The texture of the foam and combination harmoniously balances each other out.
This milk is definitely Emm and customer approved. 👌🏼💯 Try this recipe out and let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Until the next installment, stay caffeinated friends!